As we know, the operating system used by the iPhone is very different from Android. There are many differences that sometimes make novice iPhone users feel confused. One of them and the most important is how to download applications on iPhone.
Without an application, a smartphone is just an ordinary cell phone that is used to make calls.
Therefore it is important for those of you who just have an iPhone to understand how to download an application on this device.
Instead of confusion, let's just look at the tutorial below.
Also Read: How to Get Passive Income from the Internet
Easy Ways to Download Apps on iPhone for Beginners
If on Android you know the Play Store, then the iPhone has its own app market. This application is called the App Store. The App Store has the same functionality as the Play Store.
However, there are some details that differ and might confuse you and lead you to this article.
To download applications through the App Store, you can follow these steps:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad. This application is marked with an icon resembling the letter “A” in white on a blue background
- Find the application you want to download by pressing the "search" button marked with a magnifying glass icon. However on some iPhone devices this icon is not available and is immediately replaced by the search bar. If so, just click on the search bar
- After that click in the search box to start searching for applications, the smartphone keyboard will appear automatically after you click the search box
- Enter the name of the application you want to download. If you already know the name of the application, just type the name. But if you don't know for sure, just type a keyword related to it.
For example, if you want to search for a game, you can enter the keyword 'game', or if you are looking for an application to watch videos, then you can enter the keyword 'video'.
- Then click the 'Search' button in the lower right corner of your iPhone keyboard. The system will start searching for applications that match the keywords you entered
- After that there will be many applications that appear according to your keywords. Here find the application you want or the one that suits your taste. If you have found it, click the application to enter the application download page
- On the app download page, click GET to start downloading the app. After that you will be asked for verification to ensure that you yourself want to download the application
- There are two ways to verify this. If you activate the fingerprint method, you have to stick your finger to the fingerprint scanner on the iPhone. But if you don't activate it, you will only be asked to enter the Apple password that was created when you signed up.
- After successful verification, click the install button to install the application after the application is finished downloading
- During the download process, you can see a loading icon on the screen with a square icon in the middle. The download process will be completed when the progress circle is full
- If you change your mind, you can also stop the download process by pressing the square icon in the middle. In this case, the download will be canceled and the downloaded file will not be stored in your memory. So don't worry the internal memory will run out
- After the application is finished downloading and installing, you can open it by pressing the open button which is located the same as the GET button earlier. Apart from the App Store, you can also open applications from Home Screen your iPad or iPhone.
In this step, how to download applications on iPhone is complete. You can start using the application as it should. In the App Store itself there are two types of applications, namely free applications and paid applications.
Some paid applications usually provide free access (trial) for some time. Unfortunately this is rarely shown on the app page in the App Store. Instead of showing that the app is free for a certain period of time, the App Store page will still display the price of the app.
Therefore, if you want to try a trial of the application, look for information about the trial period of the application through the internet and just download the application through the App Store.
One more thing you should know as a novice iPhone user to manage all applications and operating system on iPhone. On the iPhone, there is the term Jailbreak.
This term is almost the same as Root on an android device. But of course there are some differences.
Here are the details:
What is Jailbreak
Jailbreak is a method that iPhone users can use to gain more freedom in managing everything on their iPhone.
When you use Jailbreak, you can enjoy features that were previously restricted by Apple.
By using jailbreak, you can freely install themes, tweaks, and applications that were previously not allowed to be installed on your iPhone device.
But unlike root, jailbreak activity is a legal method in some countries including the United States.
That's why how to download applications on iPhone is sometimes closely related to the jailbreak method. Because with this, you can more freely download applications that can be used.
Jailbreaks can be divided into two types based on how they are activated. There is a tethered jailbreak and an untethered jailbreak. Tethered jailbreak is a jailbreak process that requires a computer device to do so.
While the untethered jailbreak you don't need a computer to be able to do it.
Also Read: 20 Apps That Make Money
Advantages of Jailbreak
Almost the same as the rooting process on Android, by jailbreaking you will get the benefit of legal freedom to further change the configuration on your iPhone. One of them is changing the theme.
If before jailbreak, you can only use themes available on the App Store. Of course the themes available there are very limited.
Well, after jailbreaking, you can download and use iPhone themes from outside the App Store.
In addition to changing the theme, you can also apply tweak on your device. Tweak itself is a method by making small modifications to improve the performance of a device.
The Risks of Jailbreak
Behind the benefits offered, jailbreaking has its own risks. Therefore, if you have an iPhone and intend to jailbreak it, consider the following risks.
First, you will lose your warranty rights. Although this activity is legal in some areas, your iPhone warranty will still be lost. Next, the risk of damage. The process of jailbreaking or restoring it to its original state has the potential to damage the iPhone system.
Finally, a jailbroken iPhone will open a lot of security holes. It's a good idea to be careful with this especially if you have a lot of finance apps on your iPhone.
How? It's not easy to download applications on the iPhone. You can also apply the jailbreak method to get wider and more applications. But still be careful and pay attention to the risks. Good luck.